Director of Strategy
Holland & Barrett Retail, Nuneaton
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
The Director of Strategy is responsible for evolving and continuing to refine the long long-term strategy to become the Most-Trusted, Digital First Champions of Ethical Wellbeing, and leading partnership and M&A activity to support delivery of the strategy.
The role reports into the Group Strategy and Transformation Director and will be a high-profile role within the senior leadership team of the business. One of the fundamental elements of this role will be to source and build an effective strategy team. There is clear emphasis on a broader strategy and transformation office which includes transformation, transformation finance and people & organisational change.
- Work with the management team to develop and regularly update the long-term strategy
- Run the formal strategy governance process with the board
- Lead specific strategic projects (internal consultancy capability)
- Identify and negotiate potential acquisition, joint venture and partnership opportunities to leverage existing strengths or fill strategic weaknesses
- Share innovation and competitor insight with the business
- Developing strategy, based on a structured and analytical approach to solving complex business problems
- Identifying, screening and negotiating acquisitions / strategic partnerships to support the delivery of business strategy
- Experience of interacting and influencing senior stakeholders and leadership teams, including CEO/CFO
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Strong / structured communicator who can articulate at an appropriate level for the audience
- Able to impact and influence at all levels and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve different functions and operations
- A passion for health & wellness
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.