Transportation Manager (m/f/d)
Michael Page International, Zürich
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Multicultured and diverse environment
- Responsibility of global transporataion activities
CompanyOur client is a global corporation focusing on the consumer goods segment with its international operations based in the Zurich area. To strengthen their supply chain operations, they are looking for a Transportation Manager.
RoleThe main scope of the Transportation Manager is to manage, improve and drive the in- & outbound transportation process for the business unit. In addition, the focus of the position will be mainly ensuring efficient and effective outbound operations; as well as operating the inbound logistics to the production site and distribution centers, whilst covering customs & trade regulatory environment for the business unit. The position holder will manage a team of traffic coordinators and subject matter experts, whilst reporting to the EMEA Logistics and Transportation Director.
The key responsibilities of the Transportation Manager are:
- Manage and develop the transportations & customs team to ensure high level performance on transportation services of inbound/outbound shipments from internal/external suppliers as well as support the team members in their career/performance development
- Improve the transportation processes, service levels, quality, cost effectiveness and sustainability
- Handle freight tenders in coordination with the regional/global transportation teams and indirect procurement stakeholders while staying aligned with the given budget
- Cooperate with service providers at the airport (handling agents, forwarding etc.)
- Be the go-to person for customs and regulatory matters
- Act as the internal subject matter expert for end-to-end supply chain reviews of the responsible business unit (incl. its regional representations and customers)
- Ensure the latest professional and sustainable traffic/export knowledge to the team via trainings and coaching
- Safeguard SOX compliance and update the related documentations and SOP's within the responsible business unit
- Drive internal projects and take initiatives on value realization
CandidateFor this core function in the supply chain operations, the successful candidate should provide:
- An academic background in Transportation, Supply Chain, Logistics or comparable field (e.g. advanced studies in forwarding)
- At least 8 years of experience ideally within an international consumer goods environment and proven track record in similar function preferably on the Shipper-side
- Profound knowledge of the international transportations (air/ocean/truck) and its regulatory environment (IATA, IMO, ADR)
- Proven knowledge of Transport Management Systems and sound SAP exposure
- Experience in managing complex trade and customs rules and regulations (AEO, Known Shipper, Bonded Warehouse)
- Customer centric and solution-oriented individual, striving for operational excellence
- Sound experience in project and stakeholder management
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and conceptual mindset with a flexible, supportive and creative approach
- Business level fluency in English required, German language knowledge is a plus
DealThe selected candidate will be awarded with competitive benefits, services and resources crowned with strong career opportunities.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.