Public Relations Manager
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As an experienced communicator, you will be a key point of contact between the business units and the central communications team. Through engaging content, you will ensure that Lonza’s contribution to health is shared externally with stakeholders including trade and scientific journalists as well as existing and future customers. Passionate about science, innovation and health, you enjoy creating content and engaging audiences.
- A pivotal point of contact between central communications and business unit (BU) marketing teams, you drive campaign-related external communications needs including news releases and thought-leadership (earned).
- News and media relations:
- Drives news releases from BUs in collaboration with marketing teams. Ensures correct approvals and consistent quality and tone of voice in line with company identity. Aligns these activities with Communications and Investor Relations.
- Develops and manages authentic relations with trade media across pharma & nutrition. Ensures media distribution lists and monitoring are optimal.
- Fields all media enquiries from trade media and liaises with the appropriate subject matter expert to give timely and high quality responses in line with business and company messaging.
- Assists with organization of media trips/visits and other events including content creation and event logistics.
- Thought leadership:
- Liaises with BU and PR agencies to identify opportunities for thought leadership including technical and trend articles in line with BU campaigns. Creates a network of subject matter experts and writes and/or edits content for appropriate channels.
- Gathers relevant content from the business (eg. webinars, white papers, market trends etc) to develop strong proof points and stories for company messaging – eg. Investor decks, leadership team presentations, multimedia content etc.
- Interfaces with the social media team to create content and promote subject matter experts on key topics.
- Ensures all information is legally compliant and in line with brand and company positioning
- Cascades relevant company material to the businesses and develops communications guidance and tool boxes in line with their needs
- Master degree Chemistry/Lifesciences, related subject, or a degree in Journalism. A PhD degree in a science a science subject is an additional asset.
- Marketing and communication, ideally in a pharma/biotech/nutrition or other technical domain or experienced journalist with a deep interest in pharma, biotech and nutrition industries.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Curiosity, desire to learn and the ability to translate complex subjects into accessible, compelling content
- Excellent people skills/natural networker
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders in a Matrix-Organization.
- Fluent in English, both oral in reading and writing (mandatory).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.Full time
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.