- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Job ID :
Belgium - Antwerp|Belgium - Geel|Belgium - Remote|United Kingdom - Altrincham|United Kingdom - Heysham|United Kingdom - Leeds|United Kingdom - Manchester|United Kingdom - Remote / Field|United Kingdom - Runcorn
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world safer, cleaner and healthier.
Job title: Director, Planning, Fine Chemicals Business (FCP) - Life Sciences Solutions Group
Location: Heysham, UK or Geel, Belgium - other locations can be considered
Position Summary and Objectives
The Director, Planning, Thermo Fisher Scientific, will improve the planning function across all operating groups, divisions and regions. The Director, Planning will lead, collaborate and help develop targeted improvement plans for the Fine Chemical Products Business Unit and will follow-up until implementation is complete.
The Director will be accountable for annual improvements in both the company's Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) for Order Fulfillment and inventory performance, both in terms of inventory health and DOS.
What you will do:
- Develop a standard Sales, Operations, and Inventory Planning process for the company and applying the standard across the FCP BU global network
- Develop a standard demand planning approach for the company and applying the standard across the FCP BU global network
- Develop a standard supply planning approach for the company and applying the standard across the FCP BU global network
- Develop a standard inventory planning approach for the company and applying the standard across the FCP BU global network
- Develop a standard set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive business results and to serve as early warning signs of problem performance e.g. inventory health, schedule adherence
- Work with IT and Procurement to identify and standardize around a core set of information system solutions and data analytics platforms.
- Develop a talent acquisition strategy to continuously improve the planning function.
- Develop an educational platform to develop employees is the planning function
How you will get there:
- 10+ years of relevant supply chain management experience, with at least 7 years of people management experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving capabilities, with direct, applied experience in planning.
- Ability to link the critical business supply chain, systems, and processes needed to achieve forecast accuracy.
- Clear understanding of the order-to-cash process in manufacturing businesses.
- Knowledge of business systems and information technology for managing complex supply chain activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven track record with a continuous improvement methodology (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma).
- Strong leader with the ability to influence and manage a large geographically diverse organization.
- Ability to successfully create clear actionable objectives and facilitate career planning for team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.
- APICS certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience in GMP, regulated environment, preferred (Pharma, Med Device, etc.).
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.