Global Category Manager (m/f/d)
Michael Page International, Luzern
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- international & thriving company
- category manager with a strong expertise in the medical technology industry
FirmenprofilOur client is a global publicly traded medical technology company developing a unique medical treatment. With its international operations located in the Lucerne area, we are exclusively recruiting Global Category Manager (m/f) for the direct procurement categories.
AufgabengebietOur client is at a verge of introducing revolutionary treatments to patients in need. This will result in a very extensive and high-volume ramp-up of operations within the upcoming years. The responsible will not only manage the day to day challenges of the company but also secure the future of supply chain operations. In addition, the Global Category Manager will support the Director Global Procurement to build up the future procurement organization and its environment with its suppliers and customers accordingly. The ideal profile is passionate about establishing excellent procurement methodologies and brings the right attitude to lead the direct procurement categories further.
The Global Category Manager will report directly to the Global Procurement Director. The tasks consist of the following activities:
- Understand direct spends across the business for Tier 1, Tier 2 and beyond critical vendors.
- Analyze category markets and provide recommendations that translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analysis.
- Develop category expertise, maintain market intelligence and stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies.
- In collaboration with the global director, lead efforts that drive cost optimization, improve quality and service and enhanced innovation through strategic sourcing, supplier relationship and risk management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders upstream and downstream to ensure engagement, buy-in and ownership of key sourcing strategies.
- Lead supplier selection and negotiation through the RFP process.
- Contribute to the development of risk management strategies to increase awareness and ensure implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Drive and deliver cost savings opportunities aligned with organization commitments.
AnforderungsprofilFor this function, the successful candidate should provide a strong proficiency in category management, whilst showing proven record in the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is a must, further education in business administration or MBA would be highly advantageous.
- Between 5-8 years of procurement experience in direct category management in medical technologies industry or equivalent.
- Strategic sourcing expertise and solid understanding of sourcing methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies that have yielded measurable business results.
- Experience leading project teams in a local, regional or global environment.
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership including the ability to see ahead and thinks in terms of possibilities; creating a clear vision and strategy.
- Initial people leadership and team building experience.
- Ability to get things done and multi-task; to act with a sense of urgency and to take on tactical roles to achieve objectives.
- Excellent prioritization skills as well as strong decision making/judgment skills will round your profile out.
- Fluency in English, both in oral and in written communication, other EU languages will be an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel (30% of time).
VergütungspaketThe patients of our client are at the core of their mission. They expect colleagues to excel, and in return, they invest in their professional growth and personal well-being. The successful candidate will be developed to become part of the global procurement succession planning. Join a fast-paced environment, surrounded by high performers combined with a competitive compensation.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.