Medical Science Liaison Senior Manager M/W
Michael Page International, Vaud (Canton, VD)
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Major medical device company
- Newly created position within the Medical Affairs department
CompanyOur client is one of the global leader within the cardiology field investing a lot in developing innovative technologies.
Role* Provide clinical training and guidance to customers to ensure effective usage of the company's product portfolio.
* Provide clinical training, guidance and services to customers on related implantation techniques of the above devices in the EU Region.
* Attend implants at new site based on training needs and team learning curve.
* Sign-off centers/surgeons once they have reached the appropriate level of technique/procedure/device use mastering.
* Ensure all necessary training documents and procedures are maintained accurate and are regularly audited as per company quality referential.
* Bring sites independent for procedures, products preparation and support - Ensure all training activities are tracked ad recorded as per quality requirements.
* Ensure to report all products and procedures complaints to the local Quality & Regulatory departments within 24 hours.
- Manages all necessary steps aimed to initiate and implement investigator initiated clinical research projects according to internal and external requirements.
- Manage Contract Research Organization as per needs.
* Maintains contact with the sponsor/principal investigator and key institutional departments.
* Monitors and reports site enrollment progress through regular contacts and visits.
* Implement any action to assist and support sites at ensuring enrollment is reaching expected pace.
* Maintains internal documentation in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and other internal regulations for agency/internal auditing.
* Ensure close follow-up on progress of clinical studies supported by the company.
* Support the preparation of weekly/monthly reports, enrollment/progress reports.
* Manage a dedicated team of clinical specialists who are accountable for clinical education at site level and IIT/IIS related activities as per needs
* Strive for an increase in team effectiveness and cohesiveness
* Proactively contribute to improve internal processes
* Provide support to the training manager to train sales, marketing and medical affairs teams as per plan
* Elaborate with the Medical Affairs director the preparation and dissemination of requested information at both customer and patient levels
* Attend Quality and complaint review meeting for all surgical devices - Act as a key contact person for clinical safety team
* Be a credible ambassador for the company products and live the culture/credo.
* Supports the Scientific Communication Manager in data analysis, cleaning and interpretation, as appropriate
* Meet with KOLs and Principal Investigators and visit key institutions on a regular basis to discuss relevant clinical and scientific data
* Ensure liaison between sites and the Scientific Communication Manager while preparing for abstract submission and presentation preparation
* Assist the Scientific Communication Manager during the review of IIT/IIS data presentation/ publication as needed
* Together with the Scientific Communication Manager prepare for scientific exchange meetings and data dissemination (e.g. Advisory boards, lunch symposia), as needed
* To maintain high level of expertise and related credibility, the MSL senior manager will keep abreast of scientific advancement in his/her therapeutic field
* In addition, he/she will ensure team remains on the edge when it comes to process, procedures and best practices
* It is expected that the MSL Senior manager attends at least 2 scientific congresses every year in the therapeutic field
- Advanced degree such as MD, PharmD or PhD in a research science preferred.
- Alternatively, RN (Registered Nurse) or Scrub Nurse who acquired several years of experience in the field of cardiac surgery
- 5-10 years of experience in Medical Device and/or Pharma Industry and/or CRO
- Mastering cardiac surgery field and related therapeutic offer
- Ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard
- Passion for education, excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, able to manage workload, well organized, autonomous, motivated and committed
- Strong influencing, networking and communication skills and a proven track record of cross-functional team working
- Team management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt priorities according to strategic needs
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Internet
- Willing to travel up to 80%, mainly EU countries
- Fluent in English, each additional European language is a plus
DealNewly created position to have a real impact in a very innovative company.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.