Global Safety Manager M/F
Driven by a strong pioneering spirit, Diana, nutrition division of Symrise, transforms the best of nature into high-quality and trustworthy solutions.
Diana is a world leader in natural ingredient-based solutions for the agro-food sector. It is organized into 3 market-oriented business units -Food, Pet Food and Aquaculture, and has one activity in the probiotics domain via a majority stake in Probi. Diana also holds an incubation structure, Diana Nova, which focuses in new areas in health and nutrition.
By dedicating 90% of the time on direct support & interface within the Business Unit Diana Pet Food , and reporting to the Division Safety Director & Diana Pet Food Global Operations Director, the role will be responsible for:
- Developping Diana Pet Food safety plan, linked to safety road map, programs and goals
- Providing expertise and support to Diana Pet Food at all staff levels, on safety matters and roles & responsabilities understanding
- Animating Diana Pet Food safety governance and performance review, aligned with the Division Framework
- Driving performance reviews at site level, by providing support on development of clear and focused site safety improvement plans
- Coordinating the safety incidents management process, in co-operation with regional and local teams
- Supporting operational teams in defining lessons learned and corrective actions from audits and investigations, and monitor effectiveness
- Animating and supporting regional safety communities within Diana Pet Food, including provision of coaching & skills growth of local teams
- Defining Diana Pet Food safety communication plan, for safety awareness and improvement
- Ensuring timely and complete Diana Pet Food safety metrics reporting. Performing data trend analisis for justifying resources / actions allocation
- Driving the safety auditing program at Regions level, for ensuring compliance with the Division & Diana Pet Food safety programs
- Improving continuously and standardizing the safety excellence using wide safety projects
- Partnering with the respective functions, to ensure the safety training program is meeting the Division, Business Unit and local legal requirements
- Providing guidance and coaching to the Business Unit leadership team on running low risk operations and developing safety excellence
- Ensuring suitable Risk Assessment and Management of change controls are in place at all regions levels, including new projects & plants.
- Reviewing, identifying and preparing CAPEX/OPEX for key risk mitigations, business expansion and safety programs compliance.
- Supporting integration of safety excellence initiatives onto Diana Pet Food operational excellence program
- Coordinating cross sharing and application of best practices across all regions.
Graduated / Master degree in safety, environmental or relevant discipline, you have a minimum of 10 years manufacturing operations experience in health & safety, preferably gained in the food, pharma or chemical industries.
You are used to work in a matrixed organization and in a fast growing business scenario, and at ease in leading change in a multiple sites environment, within different regions & countries.
You have excellent communication skills, including interfacing with all levels of the organization.
You have experience in developping and implementing safety plans / actions aligned to the broader organizational goals & strategies; you have demonstrated problem solving ability.
You speak fluent English and are willing to travel up to 30% of your time.
Full-time position located in Elven (near Vannes), Brittany.