10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are looking for an Accountant to help in our next stage of growth. The Accountant will maintain our financial records, including purchases, receipts and payments. The Accountant responsibilities include processing of all day-to-day financial transactions, reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. Our ideal candidate is familiar with accounting software packages, like NetSuite and Oracle.
Under the direction of the EMEA Controller, the Accountant will need to be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and provide required support to EMEA Controller in the oversight of the financial function of the entity. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Finally, this individual will need to be well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of being involved in all the financial aspects of the mid-sized entity to ensure the company`s finances run smoothly. Individuals applying for this position must be a self-starter, problem solver, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can provide immediate contribution to the EMEA finance team.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, and general ledger
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Manage obligations to suppliers and third-party vendors
- Assist in monthly payroll calculations and review and file payroll documents
- Review and approve expense reports and employee input of vacation and sick time
- Prepare bank deposits
- Assist in tax and compliance forms preparation
- Provide assistance with tax and financial audits
- Liaise with EMEA Controller to improve financial procedures
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a mid-sized company having worked in relevant role in accounting
- Proven bookkeeping experience and thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Knowledge of an accounting information system (NetSuite, Oracle) is a big plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of local payroll procedures and legislation
- BA Accounting or related degree
- Professional in both Swedish and English language – spoken and written
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Well organized
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in making improvements in processes
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or submit your resume at