Product Manager - Ortho
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
This position will be part of the EMEA orthopaedics marketing team based in Saint Priest (France), dedicated to the foot articulation implants.
The Product Specialist provides support to the Integra product and commercial teams from a standpoint of training, technical support and documentation development. In addition, the Product Specialist acts as the primary subject matter expert regarding Integraa products being delivered to customers. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this position will be measured by its success in managing product offerings, internal and external communication, training, promotion, product portfolio support that drive profitable growth in our markets.
- Provide input to Global Franchise team on long term strategic direction for the Lower franchise in region
- Project management new product commercialization from development of product launch packet and tools through ongoing post market surveillance
- Execute flawless new product launches, including controlled and full market releases
- Support development of new product training and education for field and customers
- Manage ongoing product life cycle management of portfolio including market analysis, product launches and surveillance, product promotion, trade shows, sales training content, KOL development and customer education
- Perform ongoing market analysis and recommend enhancements
- Develop localized product messaging and promotion within region
- Provide product expertise and develop tools for the field
- Support development of sales training and customer education
- Manage KOL teams
- Collect customer feedback mechanisms and use the information to make continuous improvements (e.g. customer advisory groups, voice of customer, voice of sales)
- Manage marketing budget and expenses for product (s)
- Build strong matrix partnerships with sales management, field sales, supply chain, operations etc. to ensure alignment on priorities, realistic assessment of capabilities, and proactive prioritization/allocation of shared resources.
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities
- Develop marketing colleagues and build best in class marketing capabilities
- Bachelors degree in marketing, engineering or related discipline. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in the medical device or closely related industry
- Medical device sales experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead and/or mentor marketing colleagues
- Direct marketing responsibility for a complex product
- Track record of successfully managing full product life cycle from launch, to post market surveillance to retirement
- Experience getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements (e.g. KOLs, market research, VOC)
- Developed local brand positioning strategies that resulted in incremental demand for product
- Experience working with a best in class repeatable marketing methodology is a plus
- Flawless execution of communication and promotional campaigns (e.g. labs, tradeshows, customer education)
- Ability to travel 50% of time
- Vacancy ID: 2020-33737
- Location: FR-Saint Priest
- Position Type: Regular Full-Time
- Category: Marketing