Director of People Operations (m/f/d)
kathexis executive advice, Berlin, Berlin - Deutschland
Desired areas of expertise:
Our client is an exceptionally well-funded hypergrowth company revolutionizing the tours and activities space worldwide by fundamentally disrupting the way travelers discover and book things to do in their destination in order to make the most of their trips.
Already being the proven #1 in the online arena in Europe, the company now is aiming to capture the global category leadership in this USD 150bn (and rising) market.
As the evidentially fastest growing leisure travel business of the past decade, our client runs an Internet marketplace as well as iOS and Android Apps for mobile devices where travelers can book tours and excursions, buy tickets to numerous tourist attractions, and make reservations for sightseeing experiences. The venture currently offers some 50,000 products in thousands of destinations around the globe and has sold more than 25 million tickets.
The marketplace is a platform for third-party companies which list their products in order to be easily found and booked by the users. Travel firms offering sightseeing tours, adventure activities, multiple day tours, attractions passes, and other products can upload and manage their products under their own brand.
With its ‘Unicorn’ valuation, an award-winning service portfolio, and soaring international market share, our client is the best-funded travel experiences startup in the industry and continuously attracts huge attention in the market.
Director of People Operations (m/f/d)
The ‘Director of People Operations (m/f/d)’ - based in the Global Headquarters in Berlin - will be responsible for building and further developing a positive, productive, and inspiring work environment in all offices worldwide which causes people to love their jobs.
Our client’s Employee Experience department is massively growing and we are looking for an experienced and energetic leader who will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Spearhead the Global People Operations/ HR Services department
- Manage all aspects of People Operations (People/ HR Services, Workplace Management, Workplace IT)
- Define, implement, and optimize policies and processes to guarantee excellent service delivery (people administration, contract management, outsourced payroll management, facility management, office management, on- and off-boarding, relocation services etc.)
- Manage company-wide projects (e.g. set up new offices)
- Introduce new tools and software systems for People/ HR Services
- Hire, coach, and develop team members/ management of managers
- 5+ years of leadership experience in People/ HR/ Office Operations in an international fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Outstanding experience in improving process efficiency and KPIs
- Proven track record of managing complex projects and change
- Ability to develop the organization with scale in mind
- Profound knowledge about current People/ HR Service technology and latest tools
- Strong leadership/ proven skills in leading senior team members (management of managers)
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and innovative personality
- Excellent command in English, German would be a plus but is not mandatory
- An excellent company culture with smart and passionate people who are on an exceptional journey to change a huge market
- Rewarding working environment which cheers fast-track learning by failing, getting back up and succeeding on the way forward
- Regular learning opportunities via trainings, know-how transfer by a network of industry experts and regular attendance of relevant conferences
- Truly international team with over 45 nationalities (company language is English)
- Financial leverage opportunity with an appealing stock options program which makes high performers an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Frequent events (e.g. Summer Summits, regular team events, Christmas & Summer parties etc.)
- Relocation assistance with grant-in aid and a great People/ HR team which has all insights to German bureaucracy
If you are interested, kindly submit your CV in English to Mr. Tarik Tarhan - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.