Senior Legal Fund Officer
Lexius Search, Luxembourg
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Desired areas of expertise:
Senior Legal Fund Officer
For our client, a dominant player in the corporate services industry in Luxembourg, we are
looking for a talented Senior Fund Legal Officer to join the Legal Department of its fast
growing third-party AIFM.
The Senior Fund Legal Officer will be working in a dynamic environment under the
supervision of the Head of Legal and Compliance. She/he will be dealing with AIFs related
Our client delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth
services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works
with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial
institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
As Senior Fund Legal Officer you will be responsible for a wide range of activities for the
AIFs under management. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, investment managers and other service providers and
coordinate fund setup
- Review of fund documentation (i.e. offering document, LPA, side letter)
- Draft and negotiate fund agreements (i.e. AIFM, investment advisory, portfolio
manager, depositary agreements)
- Liaise with CSSF for various notifications (i.e. delegation, fund management and
- Day-to-day of the funds under management and collaboration with the Fund
Administrator and Depositary of our client and third-party Fund Administrator and
- Legal update for the Legal Department
We are looking a candidate who:
- Has a University degree in Law
- Has at least 5 years of experience in Luxembourg investment funds (preferably
coming from AIFM, UCITS management company or Law Firm with experience of
- Has advanced knowledge of Luxembourg fund regulation (especially AIFMD)
- Possesses strong drafting skills in English with a high level of accuracy and
attention to detail
- Is a dynamic person with ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Is organized, flexible with “hands-on” approach
- Is a Team player with good communication skills
- Is fluent in English and French (any other language would be considered an asset)
Our client wants you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse
environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous
learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. They
also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.