(Senior) Compliance Officer
Lexius Search, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland - Netherlands
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
Desired areas of expertise:
The Compliance Officer is responsible for carrying out all day-to-day compliance work considering local regulatory requirements. The Compliance Officer will assist the Compliance Manager to ensure that all activities of the company and its employees are in compliance with applicable laws, rules and standards. The Compliance Officer reports directly to the Compliance Manager. Competently carry out duties in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities - department
- To assist the Compliance Manager of the business in investigating all compliance issues
- To act as a contact person for all employees of the company for issues of compliance and ethics and to provide regulatory advice, guidance and support to the business on a daily basis
- To check the process for client acceptance and reviews including giving advice to the Compliance Manager in respect of compliance risks associated with client companies and the required risk mitigation
- To assist the Compliance Manager with updating the procedures manual of the business
- To establish, monitor and communicate compliance related policies and procedures, as well as developing and maintaining an appropriate level of compliance monitoring
- To help prepare periodic reports
- To monitor regulatory change affecting the business, informing the business and the board as appropriate of such developments and working with them to prepare for the change
- To provide quarterly training to employees in respect of applicable regulations, standards and ethical issues
- To help develop, initiate, update and adjust if necessary processes and procedures regarding proper implementation and monitoring of the compliance program and related compliance issues
- To act as the second point of contact with De Nederlandsche Bank
- To contribute to and monitor the maintenance of high quality standards
- To be aware of regulatory developments affecting the regulatory position of the organization
- To assess the impact and to take the necessary measures in order to make sure that the organization is complying with the regulatory obligations
- To proactively support the local board on regulatory developments/obligations in away which facilitates appropriate level of supervision and to ensure all scheduled reporting is completed
- To ensure that relevant change in respect of compliance laws and regulations is identified, assessed and appropriate action is taken and records evidencing status is maintained
- To undertake regular reporting ensuring that issues are escalated where appropriate, and breached and offer notifiable issues are reported as required
- To support, deliver input and feedback on various audits, internal and external audits
- Perform ongoing sanctions screening including investigating on hits if necessary.
Accountabilities and main responsibilities - general
- Team performance & development: take ownership of own performance and skill development. Where relevant, identify and escalate any performance issues within immediate team. Provide on the job training and mentoring as assigned by senior team members
- Managing change: actively participate in change, carry out any assigned tasks within the given timeframe. Be aware of how own activity supports and contributes to a process of change management, advise/plan accordingly. Actively look for operational improvement/ make recommendations where there are improvement opportunities
- Leadership: support execution of strategic vision within function/team. Assist in managing the team/function. Where relevant support the manager with the delegation of work to less experienced staff whilst retaining responsibility
- Company knowledge: have a good understanding of impact of other disciplines within Corporate Solutions/Group on own area of work. Apply management and business skills in working with clients and/or in own business
- Technical knowledge: have knowledge of an identifiable area of expertise/experience and demonstrate knowledge, to a high level in practice. Be acknowledged by others as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas
- Business knowledge: have an understanding of key issues dominating the market for own business area. Have a good understanding of Corporate Solutions propositions
- Chargeable hours (If applicable): maintain accurate reports of time spent on billing modules. Ensure that all time charged is justified and in line with internal policies/procedures, encourage and support others to do the same
- Relationship Management: actively engage with colleagues in Corporate Solutions/Group. Seek to develop network and establish mutually beneficial relationships. If client facing develop strong client relationships with intermediaries, third parties and identify key client contacts so as to be seen as the first point of contact
- Sales (If applicable): close sales by developing or issuing a proposal for client response (formally/conversationally) - Win sales. Identify and develop sell-on/ cross -sell opportunities within Corporate Solutions
- Influencing: achieve specific outcomes with stakeholders by building consensus and resolve conflict. Influence within team and the wider department where appropriate. May influence clients
- Data integrity/reporting: accurately draft, prepare and review relevant documentation. Provide accurate and timely data. Advise and support junior members of the team
- Mandatory training: complete all mandatory training as per the training calendar and actively remind others to do so
- Policies and procedures: ensure knowledge of and compliance with the company's policies and procedures and keep up to date with amendments. Guide and advise junior members of the team
- Risk: develop and maintain a risk register. Ensure that all weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery/internal processes are reported correctly, recorded and appropriate actions are implemented
- Legal & regulatory: have achieved and maintain an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements − Verbal: communication & presentation: present ideas effectively, using appropriate language and tone. May present 1:1, in small or large Groups, where appropriate may present to other areas within Corporate Solutions or to a small number of external clients
- Written communication: autonomously produce high quality of work and act as a focal point for queries from less experienced members of the team. For external clients, where required, ensure the approved procedures and templates are used and that reports are completed in accordance with SLA's.
Qualifications and skills
- HBO level
- Certified Compliance Officer Training (Licent/Kluwer/Confiad)
- Good knowledge of WTT, RibWTT, WWFT, Sanctions Act 1977, WFT and applicable international guidelines
- Identifies compliance issues and finds it a challenge to convert these issues to procedures, working methods, training etc.
- Possesses numerical and analytical skills
- Being able to identify compliance risks and to provide advice to mitigate risks
- Able to work independently, as well as being part of a team, with responsibility and commitment
- Reliable, proactive, decisive and persuasive
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership & performance
- Technical awareness
- Regulatory awareness
- Results focused
- Commercial awareness
- Innovation, change & continuous improvement
- Customer service
- Team working
Whilst this is a reflection of the role it is not exhaustive and employees will be expected to be flexible and take on activities outside of those listed from time to time.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.