CDI - CHEF DE PROJET FORMULATION PRODUIT (F/H)
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
At Sephora, we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change every day. Get ready to think creatively, work strategically, and make your mark at a leading global retailer. Together, we’re evolving, innovating, and reimagining the future of beauty and retail.
The product formulation project manager is part of the operations team responsible to provide together sustainable and agile solutions to Sephora Collection in order to support Sephora's growth.
In the context of evolution of our product development approach, we are looking for our future Product Formulation Project Manager.
He/she is part of the Operations team and responsible for securing technical development of innovative products, responding to current and future issues (regulatory changes, sustainability, raw materials shortage etc).
He/she ensures qualitative launches of Sephora Collection products and development of innovation.
You will excel and enjoy this position if you are ready to actively handle the following missions at Sephora Collection:
- Product launches and formula development projects
- Ensure compliance of formula developed with current/future regulation with respect of time, cost and quality;
- Build and manage formula development planning integrated in overall project development timeline. Elevate any technical or project risks and define action plan to his/her manager and project management team
- Follow-up development budget
- Coordinate with other departments, build strong relationship with supplier and internal stakeholders (incl. marketing, ops, …)
- Be responsible of the KPIs in an end-to-end vision
- Build project feasibility at early conception stages
- Translate marketing concepts into product detailed propositions, anticipate risks linked to marketing requirements and propose best adapted technical solutions (eligible suppliers, active ingredients, impact on project development planning…)
- Be in charge of formula development and supplier submission validation
- Be accountable for formula detailed development planning working closely with suppliers and project managers
- Follow-up formula submissions, conduct technical risk analysis, ensure “OK formula” on time
- Run tests and industrialization process: align with quality, expertise packaging and suppliers on homologation and industrial trials if needed, ensure formula scale-up, esure formula specification validation
- Drive innovation and collaboration with suppliers : Scout innovation trends and new technologies and proactively share them with the marketing team
Do not hesitate to apply if you have… or if you are …
- Demonstrated technical expertise on formula product development (formula evaluation, shades matching, formulation know-how, proficient knowledge on cosmetic ingredients…)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving aptitude, ability to prioritize
- A passion to learn about technical elements of product development including production, factories and machinery, cosmetic chemistry, and skin physiology. Curiosity, interest in driving innovation
- Full professional proficiency French and English
- Privileged profile:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience required in cosmetics product development
- Academic background: Master of science related to formula development (chemistry, pharmacy, biology)
- Requirements: ability to visit suppliers (in France and abroad) to develop partnership, and industrial knowledge
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy...
« Meaningful Rewards »
Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more.
« Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging »
We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
« Beauty & Beyond »
Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
« Endless Evolution »
You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
« Creativity Unleashed »
At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
« Bold Authenticity »
Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
French version will be available upon request to the recruiter.
SEPHORA recruits and recognizes all talents
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.