Trading Analyst Power & Gas
Michael Page International, Genève
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- Start-up environment|Position with exposure and ability to grow
- Your primary responsibilities will be trading execution, trading operations process and administration. Additionally, you will have some responsibility for analytics and must have experience in excel, writing code (using R and/or Python), automation and developing databases.
- Trading operations - deal entry, daily PnL reconciliations, producing daily risk and positions.
- Trading execution - trading based on instructions from Portfolio Managers and/or pre-defined scenarios/signals/events. Working orders at various price levels, managing option expirations, monitoring market levels and relevant fundamental information and providing succinct periodic updates of market developments to Portfolio Managers.
- Trading compliance - ensuring all positions are in compliance at all times.
- Fund and business administration - Monthly NAV and business accounting and reconciliation to internal systems. Communicating with Fund administrators and accountants.
- Processes - you will be responsible for running a number of trading, analysis and risk management processes end to end on a daily basis.
- Analysis - maintain and update proprietary models. Able to build and automate new models and/or signals if required. You are able to work with large data sets and set-up/manage databases.
- You must have had at least 2-years' experience in North American Natural Gas and Power markets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Suits engineering, computer science, business degree graduate background.
- You must have had experience in working remotely and be able to provide specific example of delivering on deadlines without supervision.
- You must be available to travel for 8-10 weeks per annum. This travel will mostly be to meet with, and learn from, Portfolio Managers and other employees.
- You must be able to collate, synthesise and interpret information quickly, under pressure.
- You must be highly proficient in Microsoft excel. Coding experience is preferred also (R and Python). You also must have experience in automation of processes.
- Soft skills:
- You can think for yourself.
- You are analytically minded/ able to describe your mental and decision mapping logic.
- You have extraordinary attention to detail.
- You have a strong work ethic.
- You have excellent communication and written skills.
- You have proven you can deliver on deadlines.
- You have proven you can work autonomously.
Established in 2020, we are a mid-sized fund with a small team and a good track record. The North America Power and Gas Analyst/Trader role presents an opportunity to be an important part of the team, supporting and learning directly from Portfolio Managers with a proven track record.
Growing team and full exposure
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.