Sales & Business Development Director (m/w/d)
Mercuri Urval, South Bavaria
Our client is a medium size company, member of a successful and publicly traded Corporation, active internationally in the field of inspection systems and leader in its field of water treatment. For over 30 years, IPEK has been developing manufacturing and marketing innovative high-tech products and solutions. Headquartered in Germany, the company is present, together with its sales partners, in more than 50 countries.
The company is growing globally in the inspection systems with the ambition to be a pioneering leader and trend setter in the Water infrastructure industry. Given the ambitious expansion plan and strategic developments, the company is looking for a senior professional to grow the markets in Europe, Japan and Australia, as
Sales & Business Development Director.
Your key areas of responsibilities will involve:
- Sales & Business Development goals & strategy: Analyze market needs, trends, competitive outlook and propose to the Senior Leadership team the sales and business development strategy, action plan and budget
- Activity planning and management: Jointly with your sales team and distributors, organize and plan sales, promotional and client activities and ensure efficient processes for client acquisition and account management to meet business goals
- Customer support and service: Ensure that customers are getting the appropriate support and service in close coordination with the service and client support teams.
- Sales team leadership and development: You lead, steer and supervise directly the sales teams in the various subsidiaries, setting goals for each market and sales team member, supporting them in achieving their targets and having success.
- Distribution and partner network management: Ensure an effective support of existing distributors and partners in building the right solutions and extend the partner network, while monitoring and developing their performance and building a trustful and partnership relation.
- Operational effectiveness: Work on building and optimizing the processes and team organization in order to build efficiency and operational excellence. Interact and cooperate with all key stakeholders involved in order to streamline all efforts towards the goals to be achieved in the short and long term.
- Reporting to Senior Management: Ensure regular reporting to the Senior Leadership Team about sales activities in the various markets and any gaps with the strategy, with corrective actions needed.
Profile and key requirements:
With Business or Engineering degree or equivalent Technical Degree, you gained a solid experience in sales and business development and team leadership mainly in Europe, within the capital goods, mechatronics or automation industry, ideally with an experience in the water management sector
Entrepreneurial and result driven leader with positive energy and drive, action and result oriented, you have solid operational and organizational skills, capable to deliver with a clear customer focus and a collaborative and supportive leadership style as well to influence stakeholders and communicate effectively.
Fluency in English is a must, with ideally a good working knowledge of German
Come and join a winning team with the ambition to build a sustainable and growing company and create exceptional value for its clients.
We thank you for applying via www.mercuriurval.ch Reference CH-05065. For further information please call Pierre Kairouz +41 22 365 44 44. Mercuri Urval has offices in Zurich, Nyon, Berne and Lucerne as well as more than 70 branches worldwide.
We guarantee all applicants strict confidentiality.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.