General Manager (Succession planning)
Michael Page International, Zürich
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
- General Manager Position|Strong Global Brand
- Lead the company as director with overall responsibility together with the president of the board of directors
- Develop and improve the marketing and sales area and build up the sales and use the headquarter products additionally for merchandising in Switzerland
- Management and succession solution of the company within 4 years
- Responsible for finance, budgeting/planning, process and product planning
- Management of administration, incl. staff planning, finance, budgeting, controlling and reporting
- P/L responsibility of the sales organization in Switzerland and lead a team of 22 headcounts
- Planning and implementation of new marketing initiatives and advertising measures, organize marketing exhibition and brand advertising
- Definition of new customer segments, and acquisition of key customers in cooperation with an existing sales team
- Further develop and expand the existing level of recognition and quality awareness of an attractive, successful and exclusive traditional brand in Switzerland
- Develop the business at a first-class address and to create an even better name in the Swiss market
- Develop a culture of self-responsibility and entrepreneurship, which allows new ideas and quick decision making
- Cooperation and alignment with headquarters
- Supervision of export orders from the export brands
- 15 years of experience in the consumer good business preferably in the hospitality industry in Switzerland
- Several years of leadership experience with a successful track record in management companies with direct budget responsibility
- Many years of experience in sales, marketing and people management
- Experience in marketing, including online marketing and digitalization
- Experience in working within SME's in Switzerland
- Track record in acquiring new customers and new segments as a representative of the I brand, professionally managing existing relationship and competently representing the brand both externally and internally
- A network with HoReCa in Switzerland is a big advantage
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, quality-oriented and competent people leader
- Fluent in German and English, Italian or French is an advantage
- Responsible, loyal, winning and motivating personality with hands-on mentality
- Entrepreneurial and competent leader, used to acting independently and negotiating successfully
- Teamwork: has the ability to act as a role model and thus exudes natural leadership. Can adapt to SME structures
- Self-starter, persistent-friendly, pro-active, flexible and motivated
- Excellent communicator at every level, approaches people openly and naturally
- Ability to contribute his ideas and successfully implement them with the team, can " get the staff on board"
- Analytical and conceptual skills, strongly solution and implementation oriented
- Thinking/acting in a networked way, with high service orientation and quality awareness
Our client is a small family owned company with a strong global brand in the consumer good business. For the succession planning of the current General Manager, we are searching for a new GM to support the expansion plan of the company.
Strong Global Brand
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.