Manager - Special Situations Group
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
KPMG’s UK Deal Advisory team is recruiting ambitious, innovative and high performing individuals at all levels to accelerate the growth of its recently launchedSpecial Situations Group
KPMG’s Special Situations Group (“SSG”) offers an exciting opportunity to work within dynamic, flexible, fast-moving environments and is the first line of response to opportunities arising from operational underperformance and/or financial pressure.
We have recently invested significantly in this team including several experienced partners/directors and are actively recruiting a staff compliment to help accelerate this exciting growth initiative. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which all colleagues thrive and reach their full potential, whatever their identity or background. This is fundamental to our success as a business.
SSG operates nationally and is deeply embedded within the rapidly growing Deal Advisory business as part of the highly successful Corporate Finance team. Our multi-capability group delivers a broad spectrum of corporate advisory work, serving regional and large corporate clients across the UK. This powerful combination enables us to deliver a bespoke, solutions-led approach to help companies preserve value and navigate back to a path of sustainable growth.
We proactively support businesses through the whole economic cycle. By combining this specialist expertise with the depth and breadth of functional and sector capabilities already at KPMG, we are able help our clients to rise to whatever challenges they might face during times of economic uncertainty, supporting with:
- Internal and external stakeholder stabilisation and management
- Short-term liquidity management
- Business plan assessment, challenge and analysis
- Identification and assessment of options
- Financing strategies
- Business disposals or managed exits
- Cash & working capital management
- Cost reduction and performance improvement
- Economic profitability assessments
- Development of integrated financial and operational turnaround plans
- Implementation support
SSG are intentionally building a diverse high-performance team, seeking applicants that bring a range of experience gained across multiple industry sectors and business functions, across all grades (above Graduate). You may have a professional services/consulting, finance, or an operational background, with a track record of success in (one or more of): turnaround, financial analysis, restructuring, or transactions. Industry sector expertise (consumer, industrials, health care & life sciences, TMT, business services, energy & natural resources) would be beneficial but are not essential. Experience of working in a fast-moving environment and with businesses facing financial or operational challenges is also beneficial.
The key attributes of a Manager within SSG will ideally include:
- An analytical mind-set with strong commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build rapportwith key client stakeholders
- Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting
- Desire to build awide advisory skillset and develop knowledge of all SSG offerings
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues
- A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.